Business Category: Building and Construction Businesses
City/Region: Grand Rapids
Listing Price: $400,000
Cash Flow: $144,400
Founded in 1996, Bazzani Building Company is a Grand Rapids, MI-based building and development firm. The Company’s exclusively “green” services range from initial planning and design to construction management and building. Bazzani has developed a stellar reputation for its sustainable building and historic preservation projects. The Company is recognized as a “Triple Bottom Line” B-Corporation which has achieved “Best for the World” designations by B-Lab since 2016. On top of that, the proximity to real estate projects provides the opportunity for owners to become partners in development projects and earn additional income.
The Company is led by Guy Bazzani and three minority shareholders, each of whom brings their own commitment and expertise to the business. Mr. Bazzani is seeking to sell his equity stake in order to fully retire. Presently, the company runs largely without his oversight and he spends considerable time sailing in the Caribbean. This is an excellent opportunity for a new primary owner to step into a well-oiled machine and champion this highly reputable company.
A related real estate brokerage is also available for sale.
The asking price displayed is for the 55.6% equity stake that is available.
Opportunities For Growth:
(1) Expansion of Service Area: While currently serving Mid- and West Michigan, the Company could expand its area of service to build new business.
(2) Sales and Marketing: The Company could increase its sales and marketing to more aggressively seek new clients.
(1) Well-Established: The Company is profitable and highly reputable, which relieves a new principal owner from the responsibility of having to build a new client base from the ground up.
(2) Substantial Opportunity for Additional Income: The owners of the Company are often able to opportunistically become partners in the development entities and earn additional income from projects.
(3) Strong Project Pipeline: The Company’s pipeline includes projects valued at several million dollars.
(4) Community Leader: The Company sees responsible business as a vehicle for improving the economic, social and environmental health of the community it serves. The Company’s efforts inspire residents, businesses, non-profits, and municipalities to collaborate and thrive.
(5) Green Building Leader: The Company completed the first LEED-certified project in Grand Rapids and the first LEED double-Gold certified project in the world.
Real Estate Available: For lease
Reason For Sale: Retirement
Number of Employees: 4