For Sale and Seller Financing

Rinzema Greenhouse: Established Wholesale Florist & Greenhouse

Business Category: Agriculture, Building Materials, Hardware, Garden, Business Real Estate, Florists, For Lease, For Sale, Miscellaneous Retail, Non-durable Goods, Retailing Businesses, Supermarkets, Uncategorized, Wholesale & Distribution Businesses
Location: Michigan

Listing Price:

$499,000


Revenue: $1,303,155
Cash Flow: $338,081

Real Estate Available: For sale and for lease
Reason For Sale: Retirement
Number of Employees: 7

Founded in 1930, Rinzema Greenhouse is a family owned and operated wholesale florist and greenhouse. With over ninety years in business in the community, the Company is well known in the area and throughout the state of Michigan.

Rinzema Greenhouse grows and sells annuals and seasonal potted plants for wholesale. The Company’s main customers are farmers markets, garden centers, grocery stores, and other distributors. Schools and churches also purchase a significant number of plants each year for local fundraisers. Rinzema Greenhouse maintains many longstanding customers, some of which have purchased plants from the Company for over sixty years.

Approximately 90% of the Rinzema Greenhouse’s products are purchased by its various retail customers. The other 10% is purchased by schools and churches for fundraisers.

The Company operates out of a large facility that features 100,000 square feet of greenhouses, 54,000 square feet of outdoor growing space, a 6,746 square foot warehouse garage, a 1,600 square foot three-bedroom house, two pole barns totaling 4,352 square feet, two office spaces totaling 350 square feet, a 405 square foot cooler, and a three-bay loading dock. Rinzema Greenhouse’s facility, valued at $1,000,000, is also available for purchase with the sale of the Company.

After owning and operating the family business for over thirty-four years, the owner is ready to transition into retirement. The owner is willing to provide reasonable and customary assistance through a transition period.

Opportunities for Growth

(1) Grow Online Presence: Rinzema Greenhouse has thrived on word-of-mouth recommendations and through developing a strong local presence. Growing an online presence could bring in the opportunity for new customers.

(2) Increase Products Offered: The Company has exclusively sold annuals for many years. As the public becomes more interested in plants, the Company could expand into offering perennials.

(3) Expand Geographic Footprint: Rinzema Greenhouse maintains a few longstanding accounts out-of-state. The Company could work to further expand its reach throughout the Midwest. This could be done through targeted social media or email marketing to farmers market and grocery stores throughout the Midwest.

Investment Highlights

(1) Well-established Customer Base: Many long-term and loyal customers throughout Michigan. A few longstanding out-of-state customers as well.

(2) Wholesale Customers Turning High Profits: Rinzema Greenhouse’s customers are turning higher profits than ever as the public becomes increasingly more interested in plants.

(3) High Quality Facility: The facility is updated, well-maintained, and equipped to produce a very large number of plants.

Want more information?

To inquire, fill out our simple form below.

After clicking 'SUBMIT', please give the page a moment to redirect you to our standard non-disclosure agreement.

Once executed, we'll be in touch with more information about this listing!

Scroll to Top