Business Category: Educational Services and Service Businesses
City/Region: Ottawa County
Listing Price: $75,000
Cash Flow: $41,103
The tutoring center’s mission is to create a positive learning climate that promotes self-confidence and success for students to achieve their goals. The company provides tutoring for students in Pre-K to college and has prep courses for SAT, ACT, and GED exams.
The center boasts impressive 5-star ratings on Google and Facebook!
Alongside strong relationships with area schools and several additional markets to pursue, the business is well-positioned for continued growth.
*Special Note: In a victory for small business buyers, the recent $900BB stimulus bill directs the SBA to waive all guaranty fees and pay up to the first 3 months of new SBA 7(a) loans approved between February 1 and September 30, 2021 (up to $9,000/month). Our advice: Don’t wait. Find a quality business and get moving quickly. Banks will be busy this year and buyers that wait until July/August will likely lose out.
Opportunities For Growth:
(1) Learning Pods: Learning Pods is an area that could provide future growth. A learning pod is a group of 2-4 students learning the same content with one tutor in a private room or on Zoom. This allows students to learn from each other, socialize in a safe environment, and reduces individual family cost.
(2) More Summer Programs: Creation of more summer programs would allow for the Business to even out the amount of income during all seasons of the year. They have mostly focused on improving skills in certain areas to lessen the achievement gap prior to fall.
(3) Alternate Tutoring Locations: Another market to consider is those who would like the tutor to meet in the client’s home or other locations like a room in a library. Currently, the Company only offers their services in their facility and via online Zoom sessions.
(4) Remote-Learning Expansion to Non-Local Clients: During the Covid pandemic, the business has expanded and fine-tuned the remote-learning process to meet the needs of local clients. This capability could be leveraged outside of the local area but has not been pursued yet.
(5) Additional sites: The business processes, expertise, and some staff could be leveraged across multiple sites.
(1) The Approach: The curriculum is differentiated to meet the needs of each student. The same tutor meets with the student each time. This allows the tutor to really know that student’s needs and build a relationship.
(2) They go above and beyond: Each time a student meets with their tutor, they look over their online grades together. This gives the student another adult who holds them accountable, celebrates with them when grades go up, and strategizes what do when grades are poor. Also, the tutor contacts the child’s teacher to better understand needs, strategies used in class, and to coordinate efforts.
(3) Fantastic Local Reputation: The Company gets results, and because of this it has attained a fantastic local reputation.
(4) Risk-Free Tutoring: While the business has developed a proven process to help students succeed, parents can be apprehensive about the decision to get the professional help their children need. The business makes this decision easier by not requiring contracts and allowing parents to book and pay for individual sessions. If at any point they decide they would like to stop, no further payment is needed, and any pre-paid sessions are refunded.
Real Estate Available: Leased
Reason For Sale: Other career goals.
Number of Employees: 6