Business Category: Business Services (B2B), Catering, Franchise, Other Eating & Drinking Places, Other Food Stores, Restaurants, and Service Businesses
City/Region: San Diego County
Listing Price: $150,000
Equipment Value: $335,000
This opportunity is an established Apple Spice Boxed Lunch franchise in beautiful Southern California. Primarily a B2B food service business, the Company serves several large corporate clients including hospitals and universities.
The owner purchased the Franchise in 2019. He is an absentee owner who has another job and has found it difficult to maintain both. He is seeking to sell to an owner who can be more hands-on and grow the Franchise.
Apple Spice opened its first box lunch delivery and catering company in 1988. During the last 30 years, Apple Spice has grown from its original location to a nationwide company of nearly 50 stores. Specializing in business and corporate lunches, Apple Spice has learned what it takes to make each event a success. They’ve also learned that equally important to serving delicious food is providing professional and dependable customer service every single time.
Opportunities For Growth:
(1) Post-COVID Growth: The company is well-positioned for rapid growth as things continue to normalize post-COVID. Lunch delivery demand will likely skyrocket as eating in restaurants will be limited for employees and catering options will certainly remain attractive to customers as well.
(2) Additional Staff: The Company is currently a small operation. Hiring additional staff would allow them to serve more of the 50-mile radius franchise territory and bring in more revenue.
(3) New Ownership: Current ownership is absentee. Ownership who can be more hands on will be able to grow the Company significantly.
(1) Established and Supportive Franchisor: The franchisor has a strong 30-year history of success due to its proven business model. Franchisers are given support in real estate, finance, site build out, sales, point-of-sale training, marketing, recruitment, and off site – on site training.
(2) Delivery / Catering: While most other companies that offer catering and delivery as a secondary service, this business focuses primarily on providing the best catering experience for clients. This way, the Company’s services are superior and will attract more customers.
(3) Prime Location: The Company is located in a popular and large franchise territory in California and is proximate to many large corporate clients.
(4) Safety: Cleanliness has never been a bigger priority than it currently is and Apple Spice’s individually packaged meals guarantee customer safety.
(5) Corporate Clients: The Company serves many larger recurring clients, such as hospitals and universities.
(6) Fully Equipped and Turn-Key: The Company’s initial franchise fees and investments have already been put into the franchise so a new owner can focus on growing the business.
Real Estate Available: Leased
Reason For Sale: Other business pursuits.
Number of Employees: 4