Business Category: Restaurants
Listing Price: $399,900
Equipment Value: $229,000
This 11-year established A&W restaurant boasts the iconic brand emblematic of American values and simpler times. Their menu is filled with the classics including hot dogs, burgers, shakes, and of course, A&W Root Beer.
The Business has been in operation since 2008. Situated along a major US Highway and with a gorgeous view overlooking a lake, the Restaurant is in a prime location and receives plenty of traffic from tourists and local customers.
As the owner would like to retire, it is time to transition the franchise to someone with renewed energy, looking for an excellent facility and growth potential. He hopes to sell to a buyer who will continue to use the systems and procedures he has established to further the outstanding reputation the restaurant has within the community. The business needs someone willing to inject time into building a strong team and the restaurant would likely benefit from hiring a manager to run operations.
A&W has been in business since 1919 when it became the first restaurant franchise in the U.S. Few brands maintain the kind of history and personal connections felt toward A&W. Guests are nostalgic for the A&W restaurants they remember from their childhood and often jump at the chance to introduce it to their own children and grandchildren.
Opportunities For Growth:
(1) New A&W Branding and Marketing: A&W’s modern marketing techniques leverage its nostal-gic appeal in ways that attract every generation. To date, the Company has not fully utilized these advertising resources. A bigger social media presence would be an excellent way to stay connected with the local market and boost sales.
(2) Younger and More Energetic Operator: The current owner of the restaurant has operated the Restaurant for the past eleven years. A younger and more motivated owner coming in with fresh eyes and more zeal for business might be just what the Company needs to grow beyond its current potential.
(1) Small Town Strength in a High Traffic Area: The restaurant operates in a strong, small town market where the A&W brand has thrived for its eleven years of operation.
(2) Prime Vendor Relationships Keep Supply Costs Down: A&W franchise partners can tap into significant discounts on food, janitorial supplies, and equipment. Their extensive network keeps distribution costs from spiraling, and the system overall helps A&W operate with wider profit margins.
(3) Excellent Condition of Building & Property: The owner has invested time and effort to properly maintain the restaurant’s facility. The replacement cost of the facility and equipment is over $600,000!
(4) Raving Reviews & High Ratings: Strong customer reviews keep clientele coming back and also serve to bring in more new customers.
Real Estate Value: $339,900
Real Estate Available: For Sale
Reason For Sale: Retirement