Business Category: Franchise and Restaurants
City/Region: Darke County
Listing Price: $225,000
Equipment Value: $80,000
The A&W ranked #4 in sales growth for August 2020 (51.9% growth) in its territory.
Current ownership purchased the franchise in 2018. Since then, they have invested $80,000 in new equipment, a new storage building, and new point of sale system. The building has been totally repainted inside and out. The dining room has been updated with new light fixtures and the kitchen area has a new A/C system.
This 61-year established A&W restaurant boasts the iconic brand emblematic of American values and simpler times. Their menu is filled with the classics including hot dogs, burgers, shakes, and of course, A&W Root Beer.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, The current owners need to sell. They hope to find a buyer who will love the business and community as much as they have, and who will further the outstanding reputation the restaurant has within the community.
*Special Note: In a victory for small business buyers, the recent $900BB stimulus bill directs the SBA to waive all guaranty fees and pay up to the first 3 months of new SBA 7(a) loans approved between February 1 and September 30, 2021 (up to $9,000/month). Our advice: Don’t wait. Find a quality business and get moving quickly. Banks will be busy this year and buyers that wait until July/August will likely lose out.
Opportunities For Growth:
(1) New A&W Branding and Marketing: A&W’s modern marketing techniques leverage its nostalgic appeal in ways that attract every generation.
(2) Younger and More Energetic Operator: A younger and motivated owner coming in with fresh eyes and more zeal for business might be just what the Company needs to grow beyond its current potential.
(1) Small Town Strength in a High Traffic Area: The restaurant operates in a strong, small town market where the A&W brand has thrived for its 61 years of operation.
(2) Prime Vendor Relationships Keep Supply Costs Down: A&W franchise partners can tap into significant discounts on food, janitorial supplies, and equipment. Their extensive network keeps distribution costs from spiraling, and the system overall helps A&W operate with wider profit margins.
(3) Excellent Condition of Building & Property: The owner has invested $80,000+ in the past couple years to update and maintain the restaurant’s facility. New ownership is entering a turn-key facility.
(4) Raving Reviews & High Ratings: Strong customer reviews keep clientele coming back and also serve to bring in more new customers.
Real Estate Value: $168,000
Real Estate Available: For sale
Reason For Sale: Personal matters
Number of Employees: 24