Business Category: Construction Businesses, Electric, Gas, Water, Sanitary Services, Other Business Services, and Plumbing & HVAC
City/Region: Kent County
Listing Price: $250,000
Cash Flow: $134,230
***Special Note: In a victory for small business buyers, the recent $900BB stimulus bill directs the SBA to pay the first 6 months of new SBA 7(a) loans approved between February 1 and September 30, 2021 (up to $9,000/month). Our advice: Don’t wait. Find a quality business and get moving quickly. Banks will be busy this year and buyers that wait until July/August will likely lose out.
This Company installs building automation and climate controls systems for commercial buildings. Established in 2017, the Company is a dealer of a leading manufacturer of HVAC, Environmental Control, and Building Automation/Management systems.
This is a fast-growing field and there is tremendous demand for the Company’s services. Benefits of upgrading systems includes higher efficiency, lower energy costs, gentler impact on the environment, building safety, and building security.
Ownership has other business interests and is seeking to sell the Company. Active ownership could step into an operating business and grow it quickly! There remains significant potential via multiple actionable growth opportunities.
Opportunities For Growth:
(1) Growing Demand: The Building Management and Home Automation Systems industry is experiencing ever-growing demand. Such systems can help cut costs, reduce environmental impact, and increase safety and security, and are easily accessible from a smart phone.
(2) Hire Additional Staff: Currently the Company only has one employee, who is also a minority owner and a master electrician. Hiring additional electricians and a salesperson would greatly increase revenue.
(3) Implement Monitoring Contracts: The Company could shift to offer maintenance and service contracts to building recurring revenue after the installation.
(1) Strong Customer Base: The Company has serviced many large commercial buildings in West Michigan, including churches, schools, and contracting companies.
(2) Low Overhead: The Company only requires small amounts of equipment and inventory on hand, and is currently run from the minority owner’s home.
(3) Large Licensed Dealership Territory: The Company is licensed to distribute building systems automation products across West Michigan.
Real Estate Available: Home-based
Reason For Sale: Other business interests
Number of Employees: 1