Business Category: Cleaning, Franchise, and Service Businesses
Location: North Carolina
City/Region: Wake County
Listing Price: $560,000
Cash Flow: $224,104
*Special Note: In a victory for small business buyers, the recent $900BB stimulus bill directs the SBA to pay the first 6 months of new SBA 7(a) loans approved between February 1 and September 30, 2021 (up to $9,000/month). Our advice: Don’t wait. Find a quality business and get moving quickly. Banks will be busy this year and buyers that wait until July/August will likely lose out.
Founded in 2007, the Company is a residential cleaning/maid services company based in Raleigh, NC. The consistently profitable business generated $224,000 in Seller’s Discretionary Earnings in 2020 despite the COVID-19 pandemic!
The business primarily services homes and select commercial businesses throughout Wake County. The well-established franchise generates recurring revenue through the majority of its customers via weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly cleaning schedules. Additionally, the Company provides one-time deep cleanings and move-in/move-out cleanings.
The owner does bookkeeping, manages marketing campaigns, payroll, and maintains inventory of cleaning supplies along with other administrative duties. The Company has a support staff of 14 full time employees and 2 part time employees – including an office manager who is capable of fully managing the day-to-day operations.
Opportunities For Growth:
(1) Environmentally Friendly Cleaning: The franchise is currently pushing further into the environmentally friendly cleaning space and offering electrostatic disinfection and ionized water. Ionized water, although requiring a significant upfront investment, will eventually pay for itself and provide a strong point of differentiation from competitors. It is also much heathier for the cleaning staff.
(2) Untapped Market: The current owner of the Business has never really exploited the potential of the existing Wake County market and instead preferred to focus on slower steady growth. A motivated operator could easily scale the size of the existing business.
(3) Commercial Work: Many other locations are focusing their growth on the commercial cleaning space. While most of that work is done after hours and on weekends, this negative is easily offset by the fact that this work can be done very profitably and there is large opportunity for growth in that segment.
(1) Low Overhead & Upward Mobility: Unlike many businesses, there is no need for an expensive office. The Business can be run from almost any location due to its flexibility and expanded when necessary. In addition, the franchise fee is a percentage of revenue. The percentage decreases as revenue increases, so as business continues to grow, more profits are retained.
(2) Recurring Revenue: The business model of the Company is one that centers on significant repeat business through regularly scheduled cleanings. The Company currently generates approximately 78% of its recurring residential customers.
(3) Turnkey Franchise: The Business has been operating since 2007 with a reputation for quality, consistency, dependability, and reliability. The Company has always prioritized excellent customer service and satisfaction. The Business has excellent trained employees, well-maintained vehicles, equipment, supplies, and furnished office space.
(4) Excellent Brand & Supportive Franchise: outstanding sales and operations training, marketing, IT systems, employee hiring and retention support, and more recently, innovative pandemic resources.
Real Estate Available: Leased
Reason For Sale: To pursue other business ventures.
Number of Employees: 16