Business Category: Apparel and Accessory Stores, General Merchandise Stores, Miscellaneous Retail, and Miscellaneous Services
City/Region: Berrien County
Listing Price: $145,000
Cash Flow: $65,921
Equipment Value: $62,600
This is an excellent opportunity to own a turn-key, profitable, and 40-year established screen printing and embroidery business with solid web presence and frequently trafficked retail facility.
The retail store (6,000 square feet) carries a large selection of athletic apparel, as well as local high school products and varsity jackets. For over 40 years this business has consistently served schools and businesses in the area. It is a fixture in the community and has a core group of employees that have an average tenure of over 10 years and who largely manage the day-to-day operations.
The business and real estate are for sale.
Opportunities For Growth:
(1) Improve Online Strategy: The Company has a website but it could be greatly improved and updated. Investing in SEO would most likely yield a good ROI. Additionally, there is great opportunity to utilize partners like www.ordermygear.com and grow into areas not developed.
(2) Leverage Production Capabilities: Printing for other apparel companies that lack production capabilities could be a great strategy. The Company could print and fulfill orders for other online companies (such as Printify) with ideas and art, but no ability to print.
(3) Invest in Equipment: The Company does not currently have direct to garment printing equipment. There are opportunities to reduce printing costs for smaller jobs and add multiple color printing at a reduced cost with even entry level equipment.
(1) Committed and Competent Core Employees: The Company has three key employees with clearly defined roles – a production worker, an embroidery employee, and one employee in retail sales and office. This core team allows the Company to operate semi-autonomously.
(2) Low Customer Concentration: No single customer makes up more than 5% of revenue.
(3) Collateral: While the cash flow that the Company generates supports its value, there is ample real estate and equipment to serve as collateral to finance the purchase of the business.
Real Estate Value: $175,000
Real Estate Available: For Sale
Reason For Sale: Personal reasons
Number of Employees: 6