Business Category: Bars, Breweries, and Breweries and Bars
City/Region: Van Buren County
Cash Flow: $53,794
Equipment Value: $75,000
This well-established and locally known Brewery operates out of a historic 100+-year-old building. With nearly 6 years in this business, the Company is recognized as a staple in the community, with high-quality beers that attract regulars and experimenters alike.
The Brewery attracts customers from a radius of 30 to 45 miles for live music twice a week, outdoor seating, and its family-friendly atmosphere. The Company has steady sales and attributes its growth in the area to a good reputation among customers, word of mouth, and being included in the local County Beer Trail. For its customers, the Company goes above and beyond to deliver high-quality beer and a fun and relaxing setting.
The owners bring several years of experience with a dedication to their work, seeing it as a craft and a passion. The Company’s current staff and location can support significantly more customers, with the utilization of more live music events, private parties, and additional space currently unutilized.
The owners are seeking a committed and attentive buyer to grow the Company and satisfy the community. They are looking to sell 100% of the Company and the real estate. The owners are willing to stay for a defined period to aid in transition, giving a new owner ample time to learn the employee atmosphere, the menu, and their process for brewing beer.
Opportunities For Growth:
(1) Food Service: The in-house restaurant company’s lease has expired, which provides an opportunity for an original menu to be offered. Food sales had initially been a separate business, but with the operation of a kitchen and the brewery, sales could be doubled (2x).
(2) Spirits: The Brewery could offer other original and different types of drinks, such as spirits. The Brewery currently has the additional square footage and capacity to add a distillery to its brewing area.
(3) Utilize Additional Space: Currently, the facility has space upstairs and outside that are underutilized. The Business could add games, event space, or additional seating in this area, increasing customer inflow and sales.
(4) Expand Distribution: The Brewery currently has an agreement with a local distributor to distribute its beer locally. The Brewery has distributed minimally over the years as it has not been a consistent or significant revenue stream. The distributor covers a relatively small distribution area (two counties and a portion of a third county). Therefore, expanded distribution in volume and geography, would be an opportunity to increase the Company’s sales, as well as develop a stronger brand name throughout West Michigan.
(1) Only Brewery in Excellent Locale: The Brewery is the only brewery located in a town that is casual, clean, and located on a direct highway that is just 4 miles from a main interstate.
(2) Strong Ratings and Excellent Customer Reviews: The Brewery receives high ratings and excellent reviews from its customers, highlighting the delicious craft beer, relaxing atmosphere, and fun music nights.
(3) Historic and Longstanding Building: The Brewery operates out of a beautiful brick building that was built 100+ years ago. The history of the building has helped to create a popular spot for locals to grab a craft beer.
(4) Tasteful Drink Menu: The Brewery brews its own beers for those who like to “drink local” and regularly offers 12 rotating options of craft beers. In addition to its craft beers, the Brewery offers craft sodas, wines, ciders, and beer cocktails.
(5) Weekly Live Music on Dedicated Stage: The Company currently has live music twice per week on its dedicated stage and hosts regular events that bring in locals.
Real Estate Value: $140,000
Real Estate Available: For Sale
Reason For Sale: The owners would like to explore other endeavors
Number of Employees: 5