Business Category: Franchise, Home Furniture & Furnishings, and Retailing Businesses
City/Region: Kent County
Listing Price: $500,000
Cash Flow: $166,000
“This is an ideal business for the person that loves closing a sale while employing creativity and technical knowledge. Take a challenging installation and create magic resulting in long term customer relationships.” – the seller.
This Company is an established window treatment business located in Kent County, Michigan. The Company has a beautiful and newly expanded showroom where clients can get expert advice on their window treatment needs. The owner started the Company in 2009 and is seeking to sell the Company in order to retire.
Despite the pandemic and related shutdowns, the Company performed well in 2020. The business operates with several actionable growth opportunities and investment considerations.
The Company prides itself on its exceptional staff. The team enjoys what they do, and they are very compatible and have strong work ethics, sharing a commitment to customer satisfaction.
*Special Note: In a victory for small business buyers, the recent $900BB stimulus bill directs the SBA to waive all guaranty fees and pay up to the first 3 months of new SBA 7(a) loans approved between February 1 and September 30, 2021 (up to $9,000/month). Our advice: Don’t wait. Find a quality business and get moving quickly. Banks will be busy this year and buyers that wait until July/August will likely lose out.
Opportunities For Growth:
(1) Commercial Accounts: The Company has been asked to quote many West-Michigan based commercial contracts and declined these jobs. These bids have high profit margins and could bring in an additional 20% of sales if a new owner wanted to take them on.
(2) Home Automation: While the Company has installed hundreds of motorized shades, it has not yet pursued the ultra high-end motorization work. These jobs are often $2+ million projects and are available to the skilled window treatments dealer.
(3) General Contractor Partnerships: The Company has relationships with several prominent home builders. There is opportunity in securing additional work from other new home builders. There are thousands of new homes built each year and they all have naked windows. The Company could certainly win more of this business.
(1) Five Star-Rated Customer Reviews: The Company has a stellar reputation and a 5.0 rating on Google Reviews. Ownership attributes the Company’s outstanding reputation to its excellent staff, established business practices, and attention to detail.
(2) Exclusive Contracts: The Company has an exclusive contract with three member-only product warehouses. The Company is well respected by this brand, and current ownership foresees the contract continuing long into the future.
(3) New and Expanded Showroom: The Company’s new showroom offers an experience that can’t be found elsewhere from a West Michigan dealer of some of the Company’s main product lines.
Real Estate Available: Leased
Reason For Sale: Retirement
Number of Employees: 6