2018 was Small Business Deal Advisors first full year in operation. We finished the year with 7 closings:
The aggregate purchase price for deals closed this year was about $1.8 million.
2018 led to continued development of infrastructure that will significantly benefit future SBDA clients. Here are the highlights:
- Most notably, we rebranded as Small Business Deal Advisors. This was done to make it clear who we are – a high-quality, low-commission small business brokerage. It was also done because we continue to expand across the U.S. and Canada and we didn’t want to be limited to a specific city.
- In March 2018, we added client reporting a client reporting feature. This is a weekly email that sellers receive that displays how many views their listings had and how many inquiries were received in the previous week. It even includes a report that shows the breakdown of views and leads by listing site by week. We do this for several reasons. Each of which sets us apart from main street business brokers:
- First, because we are transparent throughout the sale process and want to keep each seller in the loop during marketing.
- It also allows us to test different methods of advertisement and see how the changes affect the amount of interest each listing receives.
- Lastly, this puts pressure on us to keep the listings fresh and inquiries coming in. Small Business Deal Advisors doesn’t require a long-term contract so we know that if we don’t perform, we won’t succeed.
- We expanded our in-market email education sequence for sellers. This is a weekly email that
sharetidbits of information about each step of the sale process. We like this because allows sellers to learn more about what to expect and how to handle different situations. We know selling a business can be complicated and want to make the process as smooth as possible.
Small Business Deal Advisors enters 2019 optimistically. We have 4 deals that are currently under signed letters of intent and expected to close during the Q1 or Q2 2019. There continues to be a strong market for buyers and sellers of small businesses.
Contact us today if you are interested in buying or selling a small business.
Happy New Year!