Regardless of circumstances, whether it be health, personal, economic, or other various reasons, situations will arise when certain businesses become unprofitable or distressed. Completing a distressed business sale is an option likely to extract the most value from a business, as opposed to a slow, laborious, and often painful liquidation process. Or worse, simply closing down shop with nothing to show for it.
As Small Business Deal Advisors aims to best serve all small business owners and franchisees, we’ve recognized the need for a special process for businesses deemed “distressed.” By distressed business, we are alluding to situations where a business may or may not be profitable, under extenuating circumstances, and ultimately where speed is crucial to preserving business value. Often in these situations, if owners are able to react timely, there is often significant value in excess of liquidation value that can be preserved and realized. A confidential sale process can be one of the best options for business owners in distressed or turnaround situations.
While running a distressed business sale process, our advisors have the experience, desire, and processes to move extremely quickly, and we have consummated multiple transactions in less than 3 months. Assuming prompt turnaround time on information requests, Small Business Deal Advisors can get in front of prospective buyers within 14 days of engagement. Our confidential marketing process can generate and handle extremely quick and immense buyer interest, and we have had multiple deals go under a letter of intent with a week or two of launching our marketing. The biggest mistake owners can make is waiting too long. Liquidation is almost universally the worst option, both economically and emotionally for an owner. Small Business Deal Advisors can help owners consider if a distressed business sale is the best option for their situation and company.
Distressed sale characteristics require special knowledge to:
- Work with the various parties-in-interest, including secured creditors, landlords, shareholders, directors, and management;
- Work in a compressed time frame to avoid an extended and expensive bankruptcy process;
- Position and articulate the value drivers that make the company’s assets attractive to a buyer; and
- Effectively communicate with the other professionals involved, including crisis managers, bankruptcy attorneys, bank workout officers, bondholders, and other parties-in-interest.
Small Business Deal Advisors assists owners of distressed/struggling businesses to find a suitable buyer in a compressed period of time, thus preserving as much value and continuity of present operations as possible. Small Business Deal Advisors has the resources to make it happen, chiefly:
- Small Business Deal Advisors has closed multiple transactions in less than 3 months.
- Assuming prompt turnaround time on information requests, Small Business Deal Advisors can be in front of prospective buyers within 14 days of engagement.
- Small Business Deal Advisors maintains a growing database of 48,000+ investors, owners, and professional advisors.
- SBDA’s website appears high in Google for “distressed” and “turnaround” business for sale searches, driving a continuous stream of buyers specifically searching for distressed sales.
- While most distressed sale M&A firms focus on companies with significant revenues ($30 million+), Small Business Deal Advisors is uniquely positioned to handle main street-market sized companies with revenues up to $5 million.
The biggest mistake that owners make is waiting too long. Liquidation is almost universally the worst option, both economically and emotionally. Contact Small Business Deal Advisors today to get going the process started immediately!